5 Tips for Family Photos
1. Be yourself in your family portraits. Don’t wear something that you would never wear normally. If you are casual, wear casual clothing. If you like to dress up, then definitely dress up.
2. Don’t dress exactly alike. Instead, wear outfits based on a color scheme or theme.
3. Don’t stress about the “perfect”. It is ok if not everyone is smiling and looking at the camera. Candid shots are a lot of fun too!
4. Live a little! Focus in on the subjects that really matter. The clothing isn’t the most important thing in the photos!
5. Try to use natural light. The “Golden Hour” is the perfect time of the day! Avoid direct sun that will produce harsh shadows. If you cannot plan for the Golden Hour, choose a cloudy day!